Bot. name: Tinospora cordifolia
Hindi name: GILOY
It belongs to the family of Menispermaceae and is a vigorous climber. Its English name is Gulancha Tinospora. There are about 40 species of Giloy which are found throughout the world,comprising parts of Africa, Southern Eastern Asia, and Australia. Out of 40 species only 4 species have been found in India. Nowadays market is full of giloy tablets as well.
- It is very beneficial to increase platelet count , so 40-50 ml. of giloy juice promotes platelets cell formation in case of DENGUE FEVER and other conditions of THROMBOCYTOPENIA.
- In piles its juice is given with butter milk.
- Its juice is considered very effective in removing both exogenous and endogenous toxins. It also cleans out the brain toxins that disturbs mental function.
- Giloy is effective in respiratory troubles particularly in asthma.
- In Diabetes its juice is taken in high quantity regularly.
- Steam of its leaves and root can be used in excessive bleeding during menstruation . 5gms of its leaves are crushed together and its juice is extracted. Its juice is taken in 2 to 3ml with half cup of water and is given to the patient till its condition improves.
- It is used in malaria and other fevers too with honey. The stem of the plant with pippli (piper longum) is taken.
- During indigestion the juice is taken or the paste of the leaves is given with butter milk.
- It can be used in chronic fever, gout, vomiting, cardiac debility, skin diseases, anemia, cough, jaundice, seminal weakness and leprosy etc.
- If anyone suffering from any kind of azadirachta indica) and amla (Indian gooseberry) it is very effective. if giloy is taken with neem (
- Powder : 1-2 gm. up to maximum 5gm.
- Decoction :50-100 ml
- Extract : 1-2 ml
- Dengue: The Killer Next Door (makingthemostacosta.wordpress.com)
- Side Effects of Chemotherapy (pratimapatil0627.wordpress.com)